Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Still Going

Hello!
I'm very bad at this whole blog-thing.
As for what's going on in the Hoffert family - nothing! and yet everything! Ever feel that way sometimes?
I'm so ready for our little baby boy to be out! I have 5 1/2 weeks left and the doctor told me that he's already 5 lbs! Lissy was only 5 lb 15 oz. When I told the doctor this she said "oh, he'll definitely be much bigger than that!" I'd rather him not, frankly. Felicity seemed the perfect size. No wonder my stomach and organs feel so cramped!
Everything else is going well, though. We've set up his crib in Lissy's room along with some of his toys. We're trying to get Lissy used to the idea that those things are for the baby and not her. She's actually doing pretty well.
We're also trying to potty train her right now.
Now, I know everyone said it takes a while and to be patient...but...it REALLY can take a while and require a lot of patience. Some days Felicity does amazing, doesn't have any accidents and uses the potty like a champ. Other days, however, she has no interest at all. It's like the potty doesn't exist some days in her growing mind. Whatever it is, though, I wish I could figure it out! It's not like cleaning up her accidents is that bad, generally. It's just that I have a huge stomach that makes bending over and getting back up the ordeal of the century.
I was really hoping to get her potty trained before the baby came, since they say you have to wait a while when a new baby arrives because it will mess up your baby's potty training schedule and is just too different and life-changing in general. I don't think that's going to happen, though. However, on my ever-optimistic side: It could happen!
And so, the potty training continues.
On an entirely different subject; we've decided on a boy name! This is quite a momentous thing, considering we've never been able to agree on a boy name since we've met.
Here's how it came about:
I was feeling stressed about the financial and motherly burdens of the coming second child and was, frankly, having a hard time being excited at all about our new little one's arrival. My dad always gives Father's blessings when school starts up again, but we were out of town when he did this year. So a few weeks ago, my Mom remembers and asks if Mike and I want my Dad to give us one.
In my blessing my Dad blessed me to be calm about the worries of motherhood and that everything would work out fine. He also said that the little boy inside me was a valiant spirit who is full of vigor and vim and ready to be here on this earth. He said that the little boy would be a joy and a light in our home.
I felt so much better after the blessing, as did Mike after his as well. For a few days after the blessing I kept thinking it would be nice to find a name that meant valiant for our little one. Then one day, Mike calls me up randomly from work and tells me he'd found the perfect name for our little one. He said he had been feeling like he needed to find a name that meant valiant (we hadn't discussed this at all). He came up with William Riley Hoffert. Both William and Riley mean 'valiant protector.' Now, I have never been a huge fan of the name William, but when Mike said it then, I knew it was it!
So there you have it. Through the inspiration and guidance of the Lord, our little boy will be named William Riley. Now what we'll call him for short - I have no idea. But nicknames and such are generally better when not pre-meditated.

Our home is great, and we might actually be done organizing it some day. Christmas time is here and I couldn't be more grateful to the Savior and our Lord for all the blessings overflowing in our lives! 'Tis the season to be grateful, joyous, peaceful, giving, loving, and hopeful!

1 comment: