Monday, May 17, 2010

Homemaking the Heart of the Nation

With technology, fashion, finances, and politics snowballing out of control (pulling any hapless bystander down the hill with them), the home is more important than ever!

Our homes can be a safe haven of comfort and familiarity, of traditions, good expectations, honor, virtue, and flat out fun! Today's world is fast moving and so full of things to do (clubs, sports, electives, exercise, work, work, work, work) it's easy to forget to spend time and have fun with your family!

The purpose of my blog, therefore, is to find out (preferably cheap) ways to strengthen home and family, whether it's through crafting, cooking, family lessons, fun adventures, or simply tried and tested ways to bring the family together to create lifelong bonds and memories, and then to share what I find with you!

As I love to cook, sew, read, and spend time with my husband, Mike and sweet 15 month old, Felicity, a lot of the first posts will be about these things, hopefully branching out to new fields of interest and importance as I grow and develop my talents as well as find ways to help families all over the world strengthen their own talents, bonds, and core.

I truly believe that our nation is created and profoundly affected by the individual families that it is made of. "It takes a village to raise a baby" and likewise the baby's the village raise grow up to run the village and raise the next generations. As the village is a web of family units, it is incredibly important to start the work of raising happy, healthy, intelligent, and strong families and children in the home.

Please, feel free to leave any comments or suggestions on things you'd like to see, questions you might have, or feedback on anything else! I'd love to hear from you as I figure out what I can share with you, as well as things I can learn from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment